Pages

Monday, August 23

It's my birthday!


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me! :)

I forgot to take any pictures the night of Deklan's party. *Gasp! Shock! Horror! Incredulity! A possum?*

Yesterday was the great big family reunion for my Dad's side of the family. I don't know how many people were actually there, since I was not the official head counter, but I think it was somewhere around 60.  

I did get pictures of that, but I'm not energetic enough today to actually download them and edit them and put them up. And I'll tell you why.

Today, Tyler and I (with a little help from Ty's BBF and my youngest sister) finished the last bit of drywall that needed to be put up in our house. We used 12 foot sheets. Twas not easy. My shoulders are SORE. My arms have almost given up entirely, and my hips are about to go on strike. 

Why did we do that? Well I'll tell you that too.

We're probably (but not entirely for sure) going to move. We put an offer on a house that is just PERFECT, and our offer got accepted. That means we have to sell our current home, and we only have 60 days to do it before our offer expires. YIKES! 

So, that means we have to finish up all the little unfinished projects we've been meaning to get around to doing but just never have mustered up the will or time or energy to get at it. 

I don't think that sentence actually makes sense, but right about now I don't care. 

I will explain more some other time. I'm just about done. I'm going to go sit and put my feet up and watch a movie, since we don't have any satellite since our TV is in the kitchen and the satellite cord doesn't stretch that far.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And congrats on your offer being accepted. I hope for a quick sale on your end so you can move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, happy birthday!!

    Once your house is sold, then your husband can make it up to you and take you out for a nice dinner, I'll babysit. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an exciting birthday! You'll always look back and remember that on your birthday in 2010 you were drywalling your living room ceiling, so you could move to your new home in the country. I love it when I can pin a memory to a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for moving! :D

    And just when I was getting the bug. ;) Good timing!

    And, Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy B-day!!! Oh geez, you're a double middle? Wow. You didn't have a chance at being a boring stick in the mud, did you? Well, I'm an 'only' as you know, so it's amazing that I turned into the sparkling, well-adjusted gem I am today.

    cough cough

    Best of luck on the move! How exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)