Pages

Wednesday, November 28

Snow falls on fuzzy dogs


I built a wall of snow around my deck today.

 It was a lot of work, and my arms are tired. However, my arms are not nearly as tired as my patience was, for my patience was being exercised to it's very limit with the task of gently coaxing curious, disobedient, and mischievous puppies out from the underbelly of the deck every day, day after day.

Now, when I let the puppies outside, they have no dark and muddy place to explore. Only snow and sunlight to play in! Take that, puppies!

My next task is to work on their recall. I call them "Puppies! Puuupppies!" and they look at me with a "Whaaat?" expression, and then sometimes they come, sometimes they don't. I think bribing them with treats will help.  

I'm also working on house-training them, today is the first day that they have not had a spot to poop or pee in the house! We had wood shavings in their box before, but now they are in a big plastic dog crate, with a comfy blanket for bedding. So far, they've only pooped and peed outside today. I'm hoping to keep this streak going! :) 

I'm hoping to get some more pictures of the puppies outside tomorrow.. I was too busy shovelling to get any pictures taken today!

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! :)