Pages

Thursday, May 13

To clarify

I know the title of my blog is "Not About Me", but of course this blog is about me.. or things surrounding me. My husband, son, family... of course I'll be talking about them. It would be silly to have a blog and talk about everything but the things that surround me in my daily life. I will still share stories and pictures like I did with Sarah Say's, but I'm also going to share about the spiritual part of my life.

What I mean by "Not About Me" is that I'm trying to learn to do everything in my life for the glory of God. 
Do I? To be honest, no. I live for myself 99.9999% of the time. 
But when I live for myself, the people around me suffer. Because I am selfish, arrogant, obstinate, and angry when I don't remember God. 

Because I am a mother, I have a responsibility to be a godly parent to my child. Because I'm a wife, I have a responsibility to be a godly spouse to my husband. Because I'm a woman, I'm responsible to be a godly woman.

I cannot accomplish that by my own strength and will. Just can't. Because I'm actually an awful person. 

Even though I'm an awful person, God loves me, and He gives me the faith and the strength to follow Him.  He loves me enough that He sent his own Son to die on the cross for me. 

It still boggles my mind.

Because He died for me, I want to LIVE for Him

And that's really all there is to it.

In closing, my baby has ridiculously beautiful eyes.





Until Tomorrow,

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Yes, your baby boy has ridiculously beautiful eyes.

    And yes, you are a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad person. AS. AM. I.

    That's why we needed a Saviour.

    What did you do to his eyes to get those lashes stretched out so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written this exact same thing.. only with more kids. ;)

    You say what I think. It's like you're my clone. Except that is ridiculous. ;)

    I love that boy's eyes. And the rest of him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more you grow in the knowledge and Grace of our savior, the more this rings true.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)