Pages

Tuesday, April 13

Sittin' and Knittin'






My little guy loves to stand by my chair and watch what I'm doing.

Lately, I've been knitting. I made a 10x10 inch square for Lesley, to help her put together a blanket for her Dad who is starting chemo treatments, and now I'm working on a sweater for my niece who is due any day now!





Little guy would prefer if I held him all the time, instead of knit.





But despite the absolute cuteness of that face, I can't just hold him all the time. He would never learn to use his legs!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You finished your square! :D

    What sweater did you decide to do?

    He does have a super-cute face. ;) I see the same thing when I knit, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did finish it! And it looks pretty good! I was worried it was too wide, but it's only slightly over ten inches! I eyed up the size pretty good, for not having a measuring tape. I bought myself a measuring tape on Sunday, so now I can check my gauge for patterns! :D

    I'm just doing a super simple beginners pattern, because the only thing I've done so far is squares. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60132A.html?noImages=
    It looks cute, and I plan on adapting the pattern to include some button holes, because I have some really cute pink buttons to go on the sweater. The yarn I'm using is a really soft green, green and pink look so good together! I'm really excited about it.... once I'm finished I'm going to start on something for baby Billson, too, probably a harder pattern that I have bookmarked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two put me to shame.

    Someday, I too will knit beautiful things. I swear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS cute!! :D

    You can totally adapt that for buttons. Either by making a yo for holes, or by adding a little loop on.

    Do the one for Baby Billson bigger, 'cause I did a 3m one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am shammed too Heather. We suck. And I have every intention of making all of mine, and my family's clothes someday. Guess I'd better learn to sew first.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)