Pages

Saturday, December 5

My abs are happy!

Well, happier.

Remember this post, all about my pouty abdominal muscles and how I was trying to get them back into shape? My efforts are starting to come to fruition!

I've lost all but nine pounds of my baby weight (Cue choir "HALLELUJAH" chorus), which is not bad considering I'm a closet couch potato. It's true. If I could sit around and do nothing all day without feeling guilty/sick/icky, I would do it. I'm not a terribly motivated person... which is why I have to get myself up and moving. If I don't, I'll wind up like one of those people you see on the Dr Phil & Friends shows, the ones that weigh a metric tonne and eat M&Ms and Cheetos by the bagful for breakfast. Actually they never have breakfast, because to have breakfast you need to break a fast, and I don't think people like that ever stop eating. And when I say "people like that" I mean "people that I could theoretically become if I don't get off my butt, ever."

All that is to say that, because of my efforts to get my body back in shape, I am actually seeing results. My abs are hiding under that gooshy buildup of skin left over from when my baby was growing inside my body, streching my belly out of it's comfort zone, but it is shrinking! Slowly.

It's actually fun to play with, the stretchy bloopy skin. I can make it dance.

But enough of that, I'll start to gross you out with images of bouncy belly skin in your head if I keep talking about excess skin droopage in the abdominal area that hasn't tightened up yet after stretchage and uterine growth.

Stay tuned for updates over the coming weeks! That is if I haven't scared you into deleting my blog from your favourites list.... that is, if I am on anybody's favourites list. Probably not. So who cares??

Belly skin, belly skin, belly skiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray!! :D

    You're lookin' hott.

    I can say that because it's fact. Just ask Tyler, he'll tell you it's true. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I concur. You've got a cute butt, that's for sure. Because of all the dancin'.

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeps! Have you been peeking in my windows as I survey the damage left from my blessings in disguise? ;^) Congratulations on the progress though!!! And get all that you can in before #2 comes along, because as soon as they do the only exercise you'll be getting for a long time is hauling around that car seat and chasing after the other one!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)