Pages

Saturday, February 19

I'd prefer....


..... being sick on Ty's weekend to work.

Being sick on Ty's weekend off, is not so much fun. 

D-man has the flu. He threw up Thursday night, most of the day Friday, and has had recurring fevers & headaches since then. Today, he's better, but not better better. He's still very grumpy and clingy, and wakes up crying from his naps. :(

I can hear him laughing at the dogs in the next room, though... he's kickin' this flu, peeps.

I, however, am feeling woozy and headachey, and just might go collapse on the couch and snooze the night away.  I don't even have the dishes done! Auuugh! Horror of horrors.


-----------------------------------------------------------
You know, I'm a fan of babies... and toddlers, and kids, and heck even big kids, but... oh... I don't like pinchers.  

We went to a Mom-to-Mom sale today, took a look around... Deklan was clingy and fussy, but eventually he let me put him down.  He was looking around at all the people, standing close to me, when a little girl no bigger than him came marching up. She studied him for a minute, and he watched her. She had intense, dark brown eyes. She walked up to my baby boy, and put her little hands on his face.

  I thought "Aww---!" but my brain jumped to conclusions. Before my thought process could finish the "Aww-haw-haw" the little girl started pinching my son's face with all her might! His hands shot up, trying to pull her hands away, and I bent over and tried to -gently- remove her hands from his face, saying "No no, honey, don't pinch! Don't pinch!" 

After what seemed to be an eternity, I got her to let go, and she ran off. Deklan started to bawl, because he was expecting to make a new friend, and instead she tried to rip his face off. I picked him up and hugged him, and kept one eye open, just in-case the little viper baby came back for more.

It took a long time for me to console Deklan... he was so surprised! And it wasn't a nice surprise. :(

I have no idea where her parents were.... there were no adults around except for me and Ty, and moms sitting behind tables, nobody who she could have belonged to. My question is, who lets their 17-19 month old little girl wander around, alone, in a room full of people, allowing her the freedom to walk up to babies she's never met before and pinch their faces!?

-------------------------------------------------------
In other news, you've probably noticed I don't have Deklan's 18 month pictures up yet. To that I say, he's had the flu all weekend, and I'm currently fighting it, so I'll put them up.... tomorrow for sure. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Boo to having the flu, but YAY for him starting to feel better!

    Boo to baby pinchers... and seriously, where was her mother?!?

    Yay for more pictures... whenever they show up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sick throws a wrench in EVERYTHING.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)