Pages

Friday, July 11

Thank you Deenil and Patchik!

My baby brothers came over today to help Tyler put strapping on the roof of our back room.

We were going to do shingles, but as it turns out, putting steel roofing on was only about a hundred dollars difference. So we metallicasized our plans.

Here's some super fun news.... the main roof of our house is now leaking, thanks to that monster storm last night. That was a doozy! It woke me up, and I usually sleep through storms. At four in the morning, I stirred from my sound slumber. I'm not sure whether it was the thunder that woke me, or Tyler, who had gone to use the potty. Irregardless, I was awake.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"Hey Tyler, is that a leak?" I asked.

"No, that's coming from outside." Tyler said to me, as he closed the bedroom window.
He may not have said the words, but the tone of his voice said "Silly woman! Lay down, go to sleep, stop talking."

I settled down, hoping he was right.... but also resigned to the fact that I was not mistaken.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"That's coming from inside!" I murmured sleepily. The tone of my voice said "Get out of bed and go find out what is going on! You're the man, you know!"

So he did, and sure enough, there was a leak.

I had to work today, so I tried to catch some zz's as Tyler stomped through the house, tromping downstairs to get the big bright light and the extension cord, then clomping upstairs and climbing up into the attic, where he noisily thumped about, looking for all the leaks. Yeah, I didn't catch any of those zzs. They are very elusive things. Like a Gobi.

Eventually I got out of bed, and helped Tyler strategically place buckets and containers throughout our attic, to catch all those rotten drips. Our attic is not very scary, but it's almost there! Cobwebs, and abandoned wasp nests everywhere.... yeck.

By the time we were done, it was time for me to go to work. Hurray!

But I've lost my original intent.... to thank Dan and Pat. Oh yes.

I picked them up on my way home from work, and as soon as we got here, they got right to helping Tyler like there was nothing else in the world they'd rather do. Tyler appreciated it a lot, because now the roof is almost ready for the steel to go on.

I am very happy, because it spared me from having to go up on the roof (heights and me have a stand-offish kind of relationship.... I don't do them, and they... just scare me.) I did the wifey thing, like going into town to get a chisel (I got the wrong one, by the way.... d'oh), making cold drinks to refresh the menfolk, bringing them rice crispies, and barbecuing a mean steak for their supper.

It was awesome.

Then we watched a dumb movie, and after that, Animal Planet. There was a show on about Orangutans.. those big funny orange apes. They make me smile.

Anyways, it's the end of a long day, and I'm very tired. So goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! :)