Pages

Thursday, April 10

I enjoy working. I actually do! It feels good to do a job well, get it done, and then relax at the end of the day.
I don't just mean work as in an outside-the-home job, I mean work in general. I like washing my floors. I like making meals and putting away laundry. And, with Spring finally here, I LOOOVE getting out and raking up last year's mess!

Goodbye, old musty leaves!

Goodbye, hundreds and hundreds of chestnuts that fell from the massive, ancient tree in my yard!

So long, sticks and dead grass!

Smell you later, dried up dog poo!

And so on.

Some people might call me crazy, but raking the lawn is one job that I actually feel an itch to get done. I've been driven batty this week, because with the busy-ness of life, I haven't been able to get more than a half hour into my lawn.
There's a back room to work on with my hubby (drywalling a ceiling is rather difficult, by the way!), the in-laws are renovating and so we've put in a couple evenings there, I went to get my wedding pictures developed (FINALLY! Yes!), and that's my whole week eaten away.

Today the sky was sunny all afternoon, until we got home. Then it was rainy.

Sigh.

I'd rake tomorrow, but I'm stopping at mom's for a visit. Maybe I'll get an hour or so in after we get home..... but probably not.

I'm hopeful for Saturday morning, because I won't be working, but then again, I do need to get my hair cut.

So many things to do, so little time!

Someone please tell me that life isn't always this busy!










Stop laughing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! :)