Pages

Friday, July 3

Where oh where did June go??

I've decided that 2009 is just blasting by, dragging all of us in it's wake. I mean, it seems like yesterday was Ava & Michael's party, and now it's July! That's crazy! June, you left too swiftly.

It was my husband's 27th birthday June 25th. I didn't blog about it then, because I haven't blogged about anything in quite a while. So lazy, I know.



He takes notoriously bad pictures, though. This is the only good one out of the 20 or 30 I took of him opening his presents.




He was happiest with his hockey net, I think. He's 27, but he's still a kid at heart. He was out there for almost 40 minutes before I called him in for cake.

I love birthdays! I love celebrating birthdays, and I think I'm starting to infect Tyler with that. Before he met me, he couldn't give two hoots if it was his birthday or not. He always seemed to be working, so it really wasn't that special of a day to him. But this year, he started looking forward to his birthday long before the day. He knew I was gonna spoil him.

There wasn't just a birthday to celebrate, we've been quietly celebrating and preparing for the arrival of our sweet baby.... that means a lot of work. We're nearing the finish line with the nursery, though, all the trim is almost on!



You can see right through to our red room, across the hallway.
We still have a lot of work to do in there.



This is the closet. I can't think of anything else to say about it.


I think Tyler and I are most happy about how the ceiling trim turned out.
The green around the top was Ty's idea, and I think it looks fabulous.



The baseboard was actually the easiest out of anything to put on.
We got all of it on the morning after his birthday.



It all looks pretty snazzy!

As soon as Ty gets the quarter-round put on, I'm going to touch up all the nails and scuff marks, and then it will be time to set up the furniture! I'm so excited about that, I can't wait to see how it will all look when I'm done decorating.



July, you just go by slowly, so we have time to get everything done before Beanie decides it's time to come out, okay? Thanks so much. Mwah.

3 comments:

  1. June DID fly by!! Craziness! It will be December in only **5** more months! O.o How did that happen?

    LOVE the stripe of green on the ceiling. Great idea, Tyler! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Adeena's comment. Way to go, Tyler! It looks great! I'm excited to see the project nearing the finish line. Once you get the furniture placed, it's going to make you long for Baby Ducky even more! Won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June definitely flew :) Happy Birthday to your hubs!! Matt celebrated his 27th this weekend as well... loooove the place progress!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)