1. 24 was the first number that popped into my head, hence "24 random things."
2. My husband brought home Chapman's Peppermint Stick ice cream today, simply because I mentioned in a conversation last weekend that I liked candy cane ice cream.
3. I heart my husband. :)
4. I don't like pimples. At all. And I don't understand the people who like to pop them... at all.
5. I love sparkly lights! I decorated my banister today with some pretty light-filled garlands, it looks so nice!
6. I just burped a burp that tasted like candy canes. Excuse me.
7. I miss knitting. Once I'm done this blog post I'm going to go into my living room, dig out my knitting needles & yarn, and I will sit 'n knit while Ty watches the Leaf game.
8. I'm not a huge fan of the Leafs. On a "Meh" scale of 1 to 10, they're a 6.
9. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Christmas tree bulbs... every time I see them on sale or on clearance I pick up a box. Then my husband raises his eyebrow at me as I cry out "They're so PRETTY!!!!" with droplets of drool cascading from my mouth. Send help.
10. D-man has mastered the art of saying "Bye-bye" while waving 'bye bye'! It's incredibly cute.
11. I can't hear anyone other than Dean Martin singing 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' without thinking "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!" Send help.
12. I love Christmas music. Little D and I listened to it all day as we cleaned (well, I cleaned) and decorated (well, I decorated.. but Ducky "helped") and it was really great! Except when some random chick started singing 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' **see #11**
13. I love avocado. It's so strange, because I first tasted it when I was a teenager and HATED IT. Yet now it's one of my favourite things. It just goes to show you, teenagers are dumb. **not all teenagers.... just MOST teenagers. XD
14. We bought D-man a new snow suit on the weekend, and then all the snow melted. So I'm pretty sure my purchasing choices directly affect the fluctuations of weather & nature.
15. I totally had to look up the difference between "affect" and "effect" right after I wrote #14, and even after looking it up, I'm still not convinced I used the right one.
16. We watched a movie today that I've seen before, but even though I've seen it before, I still chewed all my fingernails off during the intense & suspenseful moments. D'oh.
17. Even though my feet are cold right now, I still won't put on a pair of socks because they drive me crazy. I hate wearing socks, so, SO much.
18. I can't wait for Christmas. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, if a busy & stressful day... this year both Tyler and I have to work, and then we have to rush home and have our own Christmas together, then we have to rush all the way to Wayne's new house to have Ty's family Christmas, then we have to rush all the way back to my Mom's to have my family Christmas. Boy when you write it out like that, it really doesn't sound that fun... but I think it will be. Especially if I get some kickin' Christmas tunes to listen to on my MP3 player. XD
19. I'm pretty darn certain my baby boy is the cutest baby boy ever. And I'm darn certain that even if you disagreed, I wouldn't change my mind. Maybe especially if you disagreed, because I'm just obstinate like that.
20. My right arm is slowly falling asleep because my baby boy is laying on it, sound asleep, snoring away like a banshee. Do banshees snore? That's something to ponder...
21. That's how old I was when I got married. Twenty-one. I am no longer twenty-one, but I'm not really sure how old I am most of the time, since I never celebrated my last birthday. Ask me how old I am, and 70% of the time I'll answer "23" and then "Oh, wait..."
22. The Leafs just scored a goal. And not a peep from Ty... so I'm guessing, he's asleep in the other room. ;)
23. I've been sitting here a while, waiting for an idea for "23" to pop into my head. But there's nothing. So, nothing. Nothing is a random thing... isn't it?
24. Tomorrow I'm going to finish as much Christmas decorating as I can, and this Saturday we are getting our Christmas tree! We're going to one of those "cut your own" places to get it, we were going to go last weekend but then we didn't, and we were going to go Monday but then Wayne said they're only open on the weekend so we didn't, so now we're going this Saturday and we're going to go with Wayne & Michelle and then go back to their place for some hot chocolate and I'm making cupcakes to bring and it's going to be lots of fun!!!!
*THAT was a super run-on sentence. Feel free to release a grammar panda and shoo him in my general direction.