Pages

Saturday, May 9

Just some babbling... I'm disoriented and tired and sore, so not very good at writing today. My apologies.

My camera's batteries are dead.


Therefore, I cannot take pictures of our bedroom and nursery, that are freshly painted and are just too freaking awesome! I LOVE my red bedroom, folks. Love, love, love it. It's going to be so nice with black and white accents in it, so warm and sexy and inviting... ah. And my nursery is green! I finally settled on a green. It's not pale, it's actually pretty bold, but I can add brown accents to make it suitable for a boy, and pink or yellow to make it more girly for a baby girl someday. Hopefully... I don't want to be surrounded by boys. I'd like at least one on my side.

Maybe tomorrow I will get batteries and take some pictures to put up on here. Of course the rooms will look even more spiffy once the floor is done and the trim is put on and the furniture set up, but you will be able to see the progress.

I hurt my hip this week. It kinda sucked. I had to leave work early on Thursday, and I didn't even go in on Friday. And I'm not a wimp. I've hobbled my way through the workday before. But this time, it honestly felt like my hip was going to fall out, and when it didn't feel like that, it felt like there was a tiny man with a knife inside my body, stabbing up into my hip bone with every step. The little bastard.

Apparently the little bone between my hip and my spine came out of place, making simple things like walking extremely painful. I went to my first-ever chiropractor appointment, which was interesting.... I wasn't completely comfortable with the man putting his hands on my hips and telling me to wiggle my butt. But I understand he needed to see if the joints were doing their job properly. Turns out, one wasn't.

He cracked it back into place, and it made a huge difference, I was actually able to sit down and stand up! Amazing! But it's still really, really sore.

I'm just glad it's not Sciatica, which is what I suspected it was. Sciatica would be a huge bother. This will be gone within a couple weeks, as long as I don't re-stress the joint, and keep doing the exercises the chiropractor showed me. I guess time will tell.

The biggest pain is that every time I go to roll over in my sleep, I wake up because it hurts. I roll over a lot, so, consequently, I'm awake a lot. So I'm pretty sleepy.... I'm going to bed early tonight, even though I've "slept in" for two days in a row now. I don't think it matters if you sleep in until 8:00 in the morning if you've been up sixteen times during the night. I'd rather have 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep than 10 horrid ones. And I don't think I'm the only one.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! :D I can't wait to see them all painted and pretty. Maybe I'll stop in on Friday. ;)

    You had a may-an chiropractor?? I have to say, I much prefer Dr. Carolyn. ;)

    I hear ya on the sleep thing. Is it your left or right hip? My left one is the one I wake up rubbing. :(

    I just keep telling myself... only one more year, and I should be able to sleep through the night.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures. BUY BATTERIES! And happy first Mother's Day to you, little Mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! :)